Are you being evicted or filed an eviction case? You may be able to resolve your case online.
The Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida now offers online dispute resolution for residential eviction cases through courtHELP. CourtHELP is a user friendly, voluntary, convenient, free* accessible web-based portal service. CourtHELP assists both landlords and tenants to resolve disputes through an Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) process with/or without the use of court mediators.
Parties will be able to use a computer, phone, or mobile device to engage in immediate settlement discussions, increase participation in their case, help parties reach an agreement and eliminate the need to appear in court.
To use this service, you must:
- Have a pending (open) residential eviction/landlord and tenant case filed against you in Miami-Dade County on or after September 3.
- Agree to the terms listed in the Agreement to Mediate during the registration process
- Have an active email address
- Have access to a smartphone, tablet and/or computer with access to the internet
How to Register:
You will need the case number and your name as it is listed on the document you received from the court to register.
Visit the COURT Housing Eviction Landlord/Tenant Portal and check if your case is eligible.
courtHELP can be helpful in the following scenarios:
- If you agree you owe the plaintiff money and you agree on the amount owed, courtHELP can help you set up a payment plan.
- If you believe you have paid the full amount owed, courtHELP will allow you to upload proof of payment and supporting documentation.
- If you agree you owe the plaintiff money but disagree about the amount, courtHELP will allow you to enter the amount owed and upload documentation to resolve the amount owed.
- If you have the full amount to pay, courtHELP can link you to the court registry deposit site and COC payment fees. Visit the Landlord & Tenant Disputes page.
- If you are unable to pay but need more time to move out, courtHELP can facilitate the completion of a move out plan for approval.
To visit courtHELP on your mobile device, scan the QR code below.
If you are unable to participate in the online process, visit the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Landlord/Tenant Resource Center and the below resources provided by Miami-Dade County.
Miami-Dade County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
Miami-Dade County, as well as partner organizations, have developed resident and business assistance programs to help those affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19). For more information and to access Miami-Dade County's emergency rental assistance program (ERAP), click here.
Axis Helps Partnerships
Axis Helps and Miami Homes for All are working together to bring Miami-Dade residents the information and resources they need to safely stay in their homes. For more information on housing assistance from Axis Helps, click here.
Resolve your eviction dispute online today. Visit courtHELP
*Disclaimer: Please note that participation in this program is voluntary for both landlord and tenant. courtHELP is intended to facilitate a resolution of your dispute. All parties must comply with all applicable Rules of Procedure and Statutes regardless of their use of the courtHELP platform. Although use of the platform is free, there may be separate court costs or fees resulting from your case.
If you are unable to participate in the online process, visit the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Landlord/Tenant Resource Center.