Please note that if you are scheduling an
EVIDENTIARY special set hearing, you must indicate that it is EVIDENTIARY by
typing the word "EVIDENTIARY" after the title of your motion. Also
please note that if you are scheduling an EVIDENTIARY special set hearing, you
must follow the Clerk's office procedures for submission of electronic evidence
at least five days in advance of the hearing.
Inquiries may be directed to the Judicial Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Courthouse is open.
Most court proceedings will continue to take place remotely via Zoom.
Jury Trials will take place at the Dade County Courthouse.
Non-Jury Trials will take place at the Dade County Courthouse unless otherwise designated by the court as a zoom Trial after discussion with the parties.
CASE MANAGMENT HEARINGS can be set on motion calendar for 5 minutes or special set.
EVIDENTIARY HEARINGS will take place at the Dade County Courthouse unless otherwise designated by the court as a zoom hearing after discussion with the parties.
IMPORTANT. Any movant scheduling and noticing a hearing (Motion Calendar and Special Set) before this Court must meet and confer with opposing counsel in order to attempt to resolve any and all issues possible.
IMPORTANT. Unilateral setting of hearings are not permitted.
URGENT! Effective Immediately: New Mandatory Case Management Procedures
In compliance with Florida Supreme Court Administrative Order 20-23A12 and the 11th Judicial Circuit Administrative Order 21-09, lawyers and litigants are required to follow the procedures outlined below:
For cases filed before April 30, 2021, you must submit Case Management Report and Case Management Order via courtMAP under Proposed Orders.
For cases filed on or after April 30, 2021, the Court will issue a Case Management Order with prescribed timelines.
Word versions of the Case Management Report and Case Management Order are located under the Documents tab.
IMPORTANT: IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER AND TRIAL ORDER, THE TRIAL ORDER WILL CONTROL.
Important Notices Re: Zoom Meeting ID
Zoom Meeting ID: Seven (7) days prior to the scheduled hearing, you will receive an email from courtMAP with the information that will allow you to appear remotely via Zoom.
Submission of Original Note/Loan Documents: Do not file or deliver original loan documents until Judge Johnson specifically instructs you to do so. If motion is granted or mortgagee prevails at trial, the Final Judgment is to be uploaded via courtMAP and the original note/loan documents are to be delivered to Judge Johnson's attention to Dade County Courthouse, Room 911. Use delivery with tracking.
The Court has recently implemented a system whereby text message reminders can be sent to your phone. Learn how to subscribe to Hearing Text Alerts
Notice Before Hearing:
7 Business Days
Files at Hearing:
Effective January 11, 2021, Judge Johnson's Five Minute Motion calendars will be heard on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 a.m.
Please file all motions via e-filing AS WELL AS CourtMAP with 7 business days notice.
ONLY ONE (1) MOTION PER CASE WILL BE HEARD.
ORDERS GRANTING MOTIONS TO WITHDRAW MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGE:
ORDERED AND ADJUDGED as follows:
1. The Motion to Withdraw is GRANTED.
2. Movant, [INSERT MOVANT'S NAME], shall mail a copy of this order to [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] forthwith.
3. Within 30 days from the date of this order, [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] shall either:
a. Retain new counsel and have that counsel file a written appearance with the Clerk of the Court, which notice of appearance must include the Florida Bar number and email address; OR
b. File a written notice with the Clerk of the Court advising that [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] will represent himself/herself. (Note: If [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] is a corporation, trustee or a trust, personal representative of an estate, or otherwise named in a representative capacity, [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] must retain counsel.)
4. Failure to comply with the preceding paragraph will create a presumption that [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] no longer wishes to participate in this lawsuit and the Court may sua sponte or on motion of opposing party impose sanctions against [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME]. Sanctions may include the imposition of fees and costs, striking of pleadings, entry of default, and dismissal with prejudice.
5. In the interim, [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] is required to comply with notices requiring [INSERT CLIENT’S NAME] appearance in court. THE PARTIES SHOULD NOTE THAT THE GRANTING OF THIS MOTION TO WITHDRAW IS NOT A STAY OF THIS CASE NOR WILL IT RESULT IN A CONTINUANCE OR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR ANY PENDING MOTION, HEARING DATE OR TRIAL DATE. HOWEVER, ANY PENDING ORDER REQUIRING COMPLIANCE IS STAYED FOR THIRTY (30) DAYS.
6. SELF-REPRESENTED PARTIES AS WELL AS NEW COUNSEL ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGISTERING AN EMAIL WITH THE STATE E-PORTAL IN ORDER TO RECEIVE NOTICES, ORDERS, AND EMAIL NOTIFICATION WITH HEARING INFORMATION SUCH AS ZOOM LOG-IN INFORMATION (https://www.myflcourtaccess.com/default.aspx). Any party or counsel may sign up for text alerts IN ADDITION TO proper registration on the portal. If a party is not able to check an email account regularly, but has a working phone with text capability, the Court strongly encourages signing up for text alerts (https://www.jud11.flcourts.org/Programs-and-Services/Online-Services/Hearing-Text-Alerts).
7. THIS ORDER DOES NOT CANCEL ANY PENDING FORECLOSURE SALE DATE.
8. The Clerk of the Courts is directed to send all future notices, pleadings, motions and other documents filed in this case to [INSERT CLIENT’S COMPLETE NAME], [INSERT CLIENT’S COMPLETE MAILING ADDRESS] AND [INSERT CLIENT’S EMAIL ADDRESS].