Notice Before Hearing:
7 Business Days
Files at Hearing:
ALL HEARINGS MUST BE SET BY CALLING THE JUDGE'S CHAMBERS.
PLEASE CALL DURING OUR SCHEDULING HOURS AS FOLLOWS:
MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY (9:00AM - 12:30PM) and (2:00PM - 4:00PM)
FRIDAYS (1:30PM - 4:00PM)
- Prior to calling Judge's chambers, all motions MUST be e-Filed through E-Portal (not e-courtesy), and must be reflected on the docket, before requesting a hearing date.
- If there is opposing counsel on case, please call in with other party on the line.
- Setting parties must notify all parties of interest and confirm their attendance.
- Motion must take only (5) five minutes of hearing time to be set on the Motion Calendar.
- Motion calendar dates are on Tues, Wed, and Thurs at 9:00AM.
- All hearings are held in Courtroom 2-2 at the Joseph Caleb Center Courthouse.
- Once scheduled, your notice of hearing must be e-FILED, and a courtesy copy must be faxed to Judge's chambers at 305-636-2269.
Note: If unable to agree upon a date with opposing counsel, you may reach our chambers and the Court will schedule a phone conference.
** If you need to set more than one motion per case per hearing date, you must request a special set hearing timeslot.
** Motions for Summary Judgment, Final Judgment, Motion to Dismiss, Motion in Limine, Motion for Attorney's Fees and Costs, and Evidentiary hearings must be set on our special set calendar.
Notices of cancellations: movant party shall fax notice of cancellation to chambers at (305) 636-2269 prior to the scheduled hearing or trial. Please include the reason for cancellation (i.e. stipulation to be entered, voluntary dismissal to be filed, etc). Counsel shall also call the Judicial Assistant at (305) 636-2260 to confirm the cancellation notice was received.