Notice Before Hearing:
10 Business Days
Files at Hearing:
NEW DIVISION PROCEDURES
SCHEDULING A MATTER FOR HEARING
5 Minute Motion Calendar and Special Sets (All Other Matters For Hearing)
Must be scheduled with Judge’s Chambers at (305) 349-7113 Monday- Friday from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM only. A motion on 5 minute motion calendar must take no more than 5 minutes of hearing time. No motion may be scheduled, added on, or cross-noticed absent coordination and approval from chambers.
The procedure for scheduling either a motion on 5 Minute Motion Calendar or a specially set motion is as follows:
Please call the opposing party, or if represented, call counsel for the opposing party and conference in the Judicial Assistant to set the motion. The opposing party must be on the line in order to schedule the hearing regardless of whether the date has been cleared with them.
A party may request to set a matter unilaterally only if reasonable attempts to reach the opposing party have been unsuccessful and the opposing party has been given reasonable opportunity to respond. After receiving a date and time for a unilaterally set hearing, the notice must include the language that undersigned set this matter unilaterally after good faith efforts to reach the opposing party were unsuccessful.
If the opposing party is not represented and counsel lacks contact information for the unrepresented party, you may call the Judicial Assistant without having the opposing party on the line. If counsel has a phone number or email for the opposing party, counsel must follow the procedure outlined above for unilaterally setting hearing after a reasonable attempt to communicate regarding the hearing.
1. All motions and supporting documentation must be e-filed no later than five (5) business days before the scheduled hearing. If the submission exceeds 25 pages, it may be delivered to the Chambers directly. No fax or email submission shall be accepted without court approval.
2. All proposed orders must be filed in eCourtesy in Microsoft Word format. Parties should bring a copy of the proposed order to the hearing.
3. Setting parties must notify all parties of interest and confirm their attendance.
4. Notices of cancellation shall be filed and a courtesy copy emailed to Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the scheduled hearing. Counsel shall also call the JUDICIAL ASSISTANT at (305) 349-7113 to confirm the cancellation after a notice of cancellation is emailed.
5. Counsel must call the chambers regarding all motions to continue trial or strike trial dates even if agreed. The judge will review the motion and the JUDICIAL ASSISTANT will notify both parties of the Court’s determination. Only the Court may reset, continue, or postpone a previously-set trial date.
6. To check on the status of case, please visit the Clerk of the Courts website at http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/civil/Search.aspx.
7. FOR A HEARING ON AN EMEGENCY MOTION PLEASE CALL CHAMBERS.
ONCE A NOTICE OF HEARING IS FILED PLEASE EMAIL A COURTESY COPY TO CHAMBERS AT MLOGAN@JUD11.FLCOURTS.ORG AS FAX LINE IS NOT IN SERVICE AT THIS TIME.
For any motion or hearing scheduled to be 15 minutes or less where you are not testifying:
If you wish to appear by phone please File a Notice of Telephonic Appearance at least 2 business days prior to the scheduled hearing and email a courtesy copy to Chambers at email@example.com.
>>>REMINDER:If the parties reach a settlement, please notify the Court immediately so that
any scheduled hearings may be cancelled, by emailing the Notice of Settlement to Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org.<<<