JA's email is firstname.lastname@example.org (Copy to all parties required) - DO NOT SEND HEARING MATERIALS OR PROPOSED ORDERS unless you have been given instruction by the court. All materials more than 20 pages as stated in Motion calendar and Special Set procedures must be sent to chambers.
NEW (1) Do NOT submit proposed orders through CourtMAP unless: 1) instructed by the Court pursuant to a hearing or 2) is listed here as not requiring a hearing.
(2) Before submitting an order to
the court for approval, preview the order and make sure that the judge’s
signature is not alone on a page. You can reduce the font or number of lines to accomplish this. This avoids the need for the
judge to reformat every order. If the order is “Agreed” or “Unopposed” submit it under “Agreed Orders,” not “Proposed Orders,” you will receive a quicker response. Thank you.
SETS & MOTION CALENDARS
1. We are scheduling special sets and motions for motion calendars as
usual. Please submit requests via CourtMAP.
2. Evidentiary hearings can be scheduled but require preparation. They will be
considered on a case by case basis.
3. Special sets (on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) will be conducted via Zoom unless instructed by the Court if personal appearance is needed. The day prior to the hearing, you
will receive an email via CourtMAP containing a Zoom invitation link. Please
upload the documents for the judge’s review 7 days prior to the hearing. DO
NOT EMAIL THE JA THESE DOCUMENTS. To upload the documents: in Courtmap,
go to “Calendar” tab, then “View Events” and click on “Events\Supporting
Documents\Add.” Doing this IS NOT the same as uploading the documents to the
“Progress Docket” which then appears in "Case Events.” EACH PARTY
SHOULD UPLOAD THEIR PROPOSED ORDER TO “SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS” AFTER THE HEARING FOR THE JUDGE'S RULING.
***NEW***4. Please deliver hard copies of Motion(s) and supporting documents to chambers for ALL special sets at least seven (7) days before the hearing.
***NEW*** 5. Cancellations - Please email NOTICE OF CANCELLATION to email@example.com at least 24 Hours in advance. E-Filing will NOT cancel your hearing, you must send Notice to JA for the case to be removed from Calendar.
CMC’S (Case Management Conferences)
FWOPS will go forward as usual via Zoom. The judge requires Plaintiff and/or Defendant to appear regardless of filing of Showing Good Cause. CMC's only, if you would like to submit documents for use during the hearing, please submit via CourtMap. DO NOT set a hearing on the Motion Calendar for CMC's, this is set though JA by sending an email about your request.
Jury trials are being held in person. Non-jury trials (other than
foreclosures) will be decided on a case by case basis. Therefore, calendar
calls for JURY; NON-JURY; NON-FORECLOSURE CASES will go forward via Zoom. PLEASE NOTIFY
THE JA PRIOR TO THE CALENDAR CALL, IF THERE IS A DISPUTE REGARDING WHETHER A
TRIAL IS JURY OR NON-JURY.
Notice Before Hearing:
7 Calendar Days
Files at Hearing:
1. Case Management Conferences are only set by the Court, please send your request via email to the JA about setting your case down for CMC. DO NOT set a hearing on Motion Calendar for CMC's. The purpose of this conference is for the Court to assess the status of the case.
2. Do not send binders. Motions will not be heard at this setting.
3. This is an informal hearing via Zoom or in Chambers if Court requires appearance, Room 1110.
4. Substantive issues will only be address as they relate to manners in which the case can be resolved (trial, settlement, etc.…)