E-Mail: email@example.com (Bailiff - Ernest Gerard)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Judicial Assistant/Law Clerk)
Updated: June 28, 2022
Courthouse is OPEN. Most court proceedings will continue to take place remotely, via Zoom. However, Jury Trials and any evidentiary hearings the Court has ordered to be live will take place in Courtroom 5-1 of the Dade County Courthouse, located at 73 W Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33130.
Submission of Original Notes: All original notes and mortgages must be mailed to 73 W Flagler Street, Suite 505, Miami, FL 33130 to the JA's attention. The original notes and mortgages must be received by chambers at least three (3) days prior to your scheduled hearing with a cover letter that includes: (1) the case number, (2) case style, and (3) division number.
Submission of Evidence for Zoom Hearings and Zoom Trials: At least five business days prior to the hearing or trial, each side must:
1. Mark the first page of each document it intends to introduce into evidence. (Plaintiff with numbers/Defendant with letters.)
2. Submit to the e-Portal, in the manner detailed below, an Exhibit List, containing the exhibit number/letter, with the corresponding brief description of the exhibit, and all exhibits separately.
To Submit: a. Go to the eFiling Portal;
b. Click on "File Pleading in Existing Case;"
c. Enter Case Number;
d. Once case populates, go to the documents tab, click "Add;"
e. Once Search Bar appears, type "EVIDENCE" and hit "Enter;"
f. Check Off Evidence Submission, then hit "Browse" which allows you to select the respective document to be uploaded; and
g. Click "Save."
By submitting the documents as indicated above, they go into a separate Evidence Queue that allows the Clerk to access evidence submitted on a particular case. EACH EXHIBIT MUST BE SUBMITTED SEPARATELY. DO NOT COMBINE DOCUMENTS THAT MAY NEED TO BE INTRODUCED SEPARATELY.
3. Upload the Exhibit List and each exhibit separately via courtMap to the hearing/trial event. The list and each exhibit must be properly named when uploaded for ease of reference.
**NOTE: For additional details on evidence submission for hearings and trials via zoom, refer to the attached document titled, ADMINISTRATIVE MEMORANDUM ON EVIDENTIARY HEARINGS DURING THE PANDEMIC
Notice Before Hearing:
7 Business Days
Files at Hearing:
**NOTE: No in-person appearances will be permitted in Division 31 absent further order. It is ORDERED that, effective immediately, all proceedings in Division 31 (Judge Sanchez-Llorens) shall be conducted via Zoom.
Virtual (Zoom) Courtroom. The Zoom platform is free to you. The Zoom link for your hearing will be generated and sent by the court one (1) day prior to hearing.
a. Join Zoom via Computer: You do not need to download anything or set up an account in order for you to participate in a Zoom hearing via computer. Just click the link sent by the Court to open online, and be sure you have a stable internet connection.
b. Join Zoom via Smart Phone: You do not need to set up an account in order for you to participate in a Zoom hearing via smart phone. However, you will need to download the Zoom application from your phone's application store (the application is free). Once downloaded, open the application, click Join Meeting, and type the Meeting ID provided by the Court.
Court reporters must email the JA and the bailiff for the Zoom link for their hearing.
**NOTE: You must mute yourself on any Zoom hearings unless you are asked to speak. Video appearance is required for any participant whose testimony or argument is necessary for the hearing.
MOTION CALENDARS: (see CourtMAP for availability)
- Tuesdays from 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Tuesdays from 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- Tuesdays from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Tuesdays from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
*Once you enter the zoom hearing rename yourself to include the case number for which you are appearing and your name.
**NOTE: Motion Calendar is for 5 minutes only. On one calendar event, you may schedule at most two motions. Do not set your case more than once for the same day. A copy of the motion and notice of hearing must be submitted through CourtMAP at least two (2) business days before the hearing date. The e-filed motion and all documents in support must be attached as supporting documents in CourtMAP.
MUST be set on Motion Calendar:
- Motion to Withdraw
- Motion for Continuation of Trial
**NOTE: Motions for default must be submitted with the following: (1) proof of service, (2) affidavit of diligent search, (3) proof of publication (where service is by publication), (4) and non-military affidavit(s) (all of which must be filed). Only one motion per defendant.
May NOT be set on Motion Calendar:
- Minor settlements must be set as a special set hearing for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Summary Judgments must be set as a special set hearing for at least 30 minutes, unless the motion may be argued by both sides in at most five (5) minutes.
To Cancel Your Motion: Only the moving party may cancel a motion calendar hearing. The moving party must e-file a Notice of Cancellation and cancel the hearing on CourtMAP.
Additional Motion Calendar Details:
- Once a green "success" message appears, the hearing has made calendar. You must give seven (7) business days notice by filing and serving a Notice of Hearing to all parties.
- Movant must confer with ALL PARTIES to schedule the motion.
- To check to see if your case made the Judicial Calendar please visit the Clerk of Courts website at: https://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/ocs
- DO NOT SUBMIT PROPOSED ORDERS THROUGH COURTMAP PRIOR TO YOUR HEARING.
**NOTE: If the parties reach an agreement prior to the hearing, you may upload an agreed order for the motion on CourtMAP. You must notify chambers through e-mail with all parties copied. Send e-mails to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.