The eCourtesy Submission Service is an online application which delivers courtesy copies of documents to judges and case managers for review instead of hand-delivery or delivery by U.S. mail. Submitting documents through eCourtesy does not take the place of electronically or physically filing documents with the Clerk of Courts.
Probate eCourtesy Procedures (effective November 21, 2017)
- The petition must already be filed through the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal and appear on the docket before submitting to eCourtesy.
- All proposed orders must be submitted to eCourtesy in WORD.
- When available, attorneys must use the Smart Form proposed orders posted here.
- All proposed orders must be titled clearly.
- A copy of the petition must be submitted to eCourtesy at the same time the proposed order is submitted.
- Proposed Letters of Administration, Orders Admitting Will and Appointing Personal Representative, Orders Appointing Personal Representative and Orders for Depository and corresponding petitions must be submitted to eCourtesy at the same time.
- Proposed Orders for Summary Administration and Homestead Orders and corresponding petitions must be submitted to eCourtesy at the same time.
- If the attorney has used the Track Changes tool, attorney must accept all changes before submitting the proposed order to eCourtesy.
- Attorneys must re-submit both the petition and the proposed order to eCourtesy again after a receiving a rejection email or a Memo.
- Select the correct eCourtesy Folder and submit the proposed order and petition to that folder. There are seven folders.
||What to submit
|Ex Parte Calendar
||Submitting to this eCourtesy Folder does not set an Ex Parte Hearing. Only submit petitions that have already been scheduled for an Ex Parte Hearing through the Circuit’s website here and their proposed orders. Select the specific hearing date.
||Only submit petitions, proposed orders and Notices of Hearing seven days prior to a special set hearing. Please ask the judicial assistant or review the judge’s website to determine whether supporting case law or supporting documents should also be submitted in advance
|Ex Parte No Hearing
||Only submit ex parte petitions that are not set for hearing and their proposed orders
|Ex Parte No CM Review*
||Only submit ex parte petitions that are not set for the Ex Parte Calendar and that are included on the No Case Manager Review List (see below) and their proposed orders
||Only submit petitions for the judge to consider as an emergency and their proposed orders. The judge will determine whether it is an emergency and the judicial assistant will contact the attorney within 48 hours. Petitions not deemed an emergency will be deleted.
Please Note: Documents submitted to this folder are not sent to the Emergency Duty Judge. To reach the Emergency Duty Judge, please contact the Emergency Duty Judge’s judicial assistant.
|Post Hearing Orders
||Only submit petitions and proposed orders from hearings that already occurred to this folder. Please include a cover letter with the date and time of the hearing.
|Notices for Trial
||Notices for Trial
Petitions in Which No Case Manager Review Is Required (Select Ex Parte No CM Review eCourtesy Folder)
- Petition for extensions of time
- Petition to waive restricted depository for guardianships when the only asset is social security income
- Petition to pay real estate taxes or income taxes
- Petition to pay accountant fees under $3,500.00
- Petition to pay insurance
- Petition for instructions that can be handled in less than five minutes
- Petition to appear for hearing via telephone
- Petition for pro bono fees
- Petition to extend time to file independent action
- Petition for pre-paid funeral
- Petition for pre-paid college
- Petition to retain appraiser
- Petition to pay school tuition for a minor
- Petition for order designating depository (If Letters of Administration and Order Appointing Personal Representative have been entered)
- Petition to authorize travel for a ward
- Petition to pay medical bills, dental bills or assisted living facility/nursing home bills
- Petition to freeze non-joint assets (when filed as an emergency)
- Petition to pay condominium maintenance fees
- Petition to pay mortgage
- Petition to appoint an ad litem
- Petition to withdraw as counsel
- Petition to substitute counsel
- Petition to pay Ward’s expenses
- Petition to pay attorneys’ and guardians’ fees
eCourtesy Technical Assistance
For eCourtesy technical assistance with Probate cases, please contact our Probate eCourtesy support staff.
The support contact information below is for Probate cases only.
You will be contacted by our eCourtesy Submission Service support staff within 36 hours.
Probate Approved Form Orders ("Smart Forms")
Approved Estate and Guardianship form orders (“Smart Forms”) are posted on the link below. Attorneys must use these Smart Forms when applicable. See Administrative Memorandum dated July 11, 2016.
Probate Approved Smart Forms
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP, 7 32/64 bit
- Internet Explorer 9 or greater
- Intel or AMD Processor (1Ghz or faster)