County Court Mediation
- Landlord/Tenant cases relating to nonpayment of rent, evictions and other
disputes between landlords and their tenants;
- Small Claims cases for damages of $5,000 or less (excluding Landlord/Tenant
cases), such as auto and other negligence, contract and indebtedness, and other
claims not exceeding $5,000; and,
- Other County Civil cases involving claims of $5,001 to $15,000. These cases
also involve negligence, contract and indebtedness, and other county civil
claims, but the amount of money at issue is greater than Small Claims cases.
- Divorce cases (dissolutions of marriage) involving matters such as child
support, custody, visitation and parenting plans, as well as spousal support,
division of property, assets and debts; and,
- Post-Judgment Modification matters in which one or both divorced parties
return to court to change (modify) the conditions of their Final Judgment. These
cases may involve changes in child-related issues as well as modification of
financial matters decided upon in the divorce.
- Dependency cases in which parents are charged with the abuse, neglect or
abandonment of a minor child.