Notice Before Hearing:
7 Business Days
Files at Hearing:
Effective January 11, 2021, Judge Johnson's Five Minute Motion calendars will be heard on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 a.m.
Please file all motions via e-filing AS WELL AS CourtMAP with 7 business days notice.
ONLY ONE (1) MOTION PER CASE WILL BE HEARD.
ORDERS GRANTING MOTIONS TO WITHDRAW MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGE:
ORDERED AND ADJUDGED as follows:
1. The Motion to Withdraw is GRANTED.
2. Movant, [INSERT MOVANT'S NAME], shall mail a copy of this order to [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] forthwith.
3. Within 30 days from the date of this order, [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] shall either:
a. Retain new counsel and have that counsel file a written appearance with the Clerk of the Court, which notice of appearance must include the Florida Bar number and email address; OR
b. File a written notice with the Clerk of the Court advising that [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] will represent himself/herself. (Note: If [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] is a corporation, trustee or a trust, personal representative of an estate, or otherwise named in a representative capacity, [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] must retain counsel.)
4. Failure to comply with the preceding paragraph will create a presumption that [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] no longer wishes to participate in this lawsuit and the Court may sua sponte or on motion of opposing party impose sanctions against [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME]. Sanctions may include the imposition of fees and costs, striking of pleadings, entry of default, and dismissal with prejudice.
5. In the interim, [INSERT CLIENT'S NAME] is required to comply with notices requiring [INSERT CLIENT’S NAME] appearance in court. THE PARTIES SHOULD NOTE THAT THE GRANTING OF THIS MOTION TO WITHDRAW IS NOT A STAY OF THIS CASE NOR WILL IT RESULT IN A CONTINUANCE OR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR ANY PENDING MOTION, HEARING DATE OR TRIAL DATE. HOWEVER, ANY PENDING ORDER REQUIRING COMPLIANCE IS STAYED FOR THIRTY (30) DAYS.
6. SELF-REPRESENTED PARTIES AS WELL AS NEW COUNSEL ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGISTERING AN EMAIL WITH THE STATE E-PORTAL IN ORDER TO RECEIVE NOTICES, ORDERS, AND EMAIL NOTIFICATION WITH HEARING INFORMATION SUCH AS ZOOM LOG-IN INFORMATION (https://www.myflcourtaccess.com/default.aspx). Any party or counsel may sign up for text alerts IN ADDITION TO proper registration on the portal. If a party is not able to check an email account regularly, but has a working phone with text capability, the Court strongly encourages signing up for text alerts (https://www.jud11.flcourts.org/Programs-and-Services/Online-Services/Hearing-Text-Alerts).
7. THIS ORDER DOES NOT CANCEL ANY PENDING FORECLOSURE SALE DATE.
8. The Clerk of the Courts is directed to send all future notices, pleadings, motions and other documents filed in this case to [INSERT CLIENT’S COMPLETE NAME], [INSERT CLIENT’S COMPLETE MAILING ADDRESS] AND [INSERT CLIENT’S EMAIL ADDRESS].