Notice Before Hearing:
5 Business Days
Files at Hearing:
THE NOTICE OF HEARING FOR ANY HEARING MUST CONTAIN THE TITLE OF THE MOTION TO BE HEARD AND THE DATE THAT THE MOTION WAS FILED.
Must be scheduled with Judge’s Chambers at (305) 569-2518. Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Motion must take only 5 minutes of hearing time.
The procedure for scheduling a 5 minute motion on the Motion Calendar is as follows:
If the opposing party is represented by counsel please call the opposing party and conference in the Judicial Assistant to set the motion. The opposing party must be on the line in order to schedule the hearing regardless of whether the date has been cleared with them. If the opposing party is not represented you may call the Judicial Assistant without having the opposing party on the line.
1. All motions must be E-Filed no later than five (5) business days before the scheduled hearing.
2. All eCourtesy proposed orders must be in Microsoft Word format.
3. Setting parties must notify all parties of interest and confirm their attendance.
4. Notices of cancellation shall be E-filed and subsequently faxed to chambers at (305)569-4220 prior to the schedule hearing or trial. Counsel shall also call the JA at (305) 569-2518 to confirm the cancellation after a notice of cancellation is faxed.
5. No more than 3 motions may be set on Motion Calendar for the same case. NO ADD ONS will be allowed.
6. Telephone appearances are permitted. A written motion MUST be filed and proposed order granting the motion must be submitted via e-Courtesy. The proposed order MUST contain a telephone number where the attorney may be reached. If a voice mail answers, the Judge will leave a message and you will have to reschedule your motion. Do not call chambers to try to get back on for the telephone appearance.
7. All Continuances must be made by written motion. NO ORE TENUS MOTIONS for continuances will be entertained. A motion for continuance must be filed and set for hearing PRIOR to the special set hearing sought to be continued and NEVER on the same date of the special set hearing.